The purpose is to grow the feeling of hope, to move the members into a position of securing their hope in God.
- Exodus 15:22-26
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Exodus 15:22-26 needs to be the scripture on which we build our discussions.
Ask relevant questions:
- What does it mean to have hope?
- Who did the people put their hope in?
- Why were they complaining if God just brought them through the Red sea?
- How often do we find ourselves moaning before God shortly after a blessing?
- Who did Moses cry out to?
- Was Moses obedient to God's instruction?
- Were did Moses find his hope?
Here are some scriptures of Biblical figures placing their hope in God. (Choose people by name to read these scriptures.)
1. Genesis 18:22 (Hope in God to save them)
2. Exodus 40:36-38 (Hope that God would be with them)
3. Joshua 10:12 (Hope to overcome the enemy)
4. Matthew 15:32-39 (Hope that He provides)
5. John 4:49-50 (Hope for healing)
6. 1 Tim 6:17 (Trust in God, not uncertain riches)