Sleeping through my storms
The aim of the uGroup is to help the members understand that they should seek God’s peace in their storms, whatever they are facing they should see God in their circumstances.
- Mark 4:35-41
- John 14:27
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by asking the members what do they think the topic means sleeping through my storms
Read the scripture in Mark 4:35-41
Questions to ask the members :
- Do you think Jesus feared the storm and why?
- The disciples saw that Jesus was not bothered by the storm and was at peace, why did they still fear?
- Do you think it is important to have God’s peace in a storm?
- Do you think God reacts the same way He did on the boat (filled with peace) in our storms, and why?
- If Jesus is filled with peace in our storms, why do we still fear if we know God has already made us victorious over this season (storm)?
Read the scripture in John 14:27
Jesus made the promise to give us peace and with that peace, we should be able to sleep in the middle of our storms knowing that our storms have to obey God and that He has already made us victorious because He has conquered the world.