Different from the world
Help members to understand that we're called to be different, not weird but different.
That the only way to not look like the world is not to think like the world does.
- Ephesians 4: 17-24
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Read the entire passage and ask two or three people to share their thoughts on the scripture.
- How would you define perspective?
- According to this scripture, our perspective is what differentiates us from the world.
- A worldly perspective that leads to darkened understanding, separation from God, ignorance, blindness, uncleanness, greediness, etc,
- And a godly perspective that leads to newness, righteousness holiness, etc.
- All these things good and bad brought about by your thoughts
- Perspective determines what you understand and that determines how close you are to God.
- What does the bible refer to when speaking about your heart?
- We should rule over our emotions because it governs our thoughts.
- You have to be willing to consider that you might have a wrong perspective
- Romans 12:2
- Proverbs 23:7