Step over the line
This uGroup message is focused on leading others to salvation, and equipping those that are saved to present a similar narrative for the salvation of others through a basic illustration of God’s grace
- John 8:1-11
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
The uGroup leader must develop his own revelation and substance around the word this will guide him/her with some thought points
Read the whole passage of scripture as an introduction.
The following could be relevant questions to ask:
- What stands out in the text for you?
- They wanted to stone her for adultery, the penalty of her sin. How often do we respond to others in the same way?
- What sins do we elevate in our culture/what sins do we ignore and talk away?
- They had sins/but hers were more prominent to them, why?
- Let’s talk about Jesus’ response, what other scriptures can we link to the response of Jesus
- “Neither do I” we often think, Jesus forgives us, but will still condemn us later. Let’s talk about these words. What does Jesus forgive you for today?
- He was fighting for these women, do you believe He fights for you.
It would be good to talk about some verses explaining salvation here:
- Verses such as
1. John 3:16 – The Love of God
2. Romans 10:9 – Confess with your mouth believe with your heart
3. Focus on the fact that no work saves us, but merely believe in the God that we read about in John 8. That Jesus is fighting on your behalf.
- Jesus drew in the sand, step to His side of the writing, extend grace to others, while receiving the grace He has given you. Step over the line.
Read the situation, we want to do the sinners prayer if possible, either from the Word or after Worship.