The aim of this uGroup is to talk about why we all are in need of a Saviour, to engage regular members in a discussion to deepen their revelation of salvation and to give an opportunity for people to respond to a new life in Jesus.
- Genesis 3:9-11; 3:21
- Zechariah 3:3-5
- Isaiah 61:10-11; 61:3
- Proverbs 31:22; 31:22
- Song of Solomon 5:3
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
If your members are not new to salvation, this topic can still be used to express the newness of life in Christ. Focus a bit more on walking clothed with Christ and the truth of salvation’s covering as a tool for renewing of the mind.
The following is just a guideline for the leader to discover his/own flow of the topic:
- What are the things/feelings we associate with being naked?
- Hints: (Shame/Vulnerability/Intimacy/Exposed/Authenticity/etc..)
- Where did man discover he was naked?
- What do you think is the “nakedness” of our lives?
- Why did Adam and Eve feel the need to cover themselves?
- What are the things we use to cover our own nakedness?
- Was Adam and Eve’s covering sufficient?
- When God found them, he made them coverings of skin, implying that an animal died, i.e. a life had to be given for their covering.
- Jesus (the perfect lamb) gave His life to be our eternal covering.
- Can you think of things God covers us with today?
- We have a choice as to what covering we put on: Our own futile works/fig leaves/self-righteousness- or the undeserved covering that Jesus paid for with His life.
Be ready with scripture references to some of the questions asked in the group. Keep it simple and relevant to issues we all face/have faced. When asking a hard question, try starting by sharing something out of your own life or experience.