The aim of this uGroup is to help/encourage members to be hungry for God to seek His presence.
- Matthew 5:6
- John 4:13-14
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Read Matthew 5:6 as an introduction.
Introduce the message by asking the following questions:
- What do you get from this passage?
- What does the word hunger/thirst mean to you?
- The desire (passionate striving) for food because of lack.
- Metaphorically the passionate striving (desperate desire) for moral and spiritual goodness is called hungering and thirsting after righteousness.
- Note: as hunger and thirst for food and water is a necessity for physical life so hunger and thirst for righteousness is a necessity for spiritual life.
- What does the word righteousness mean to you?
- Why should I be hungry and thirst for righteousness?
- What can steal my hunger and thirst (appetite)?
- How do I desire/seek God?
- How do I remain continually hungry for Him?
- One of the signs to know you are “sick” is the loss of appetite.
- The absence of fasting is the measure of our contentment with the absence of Christ. (John Piper)
- Bill Johnson says that in the natural we are filled by eating in the spiritual we get hungry by eating. Every “taste” in the Spirit makes you want more.