Are You An Ambassador For The Kingdom?
The aim of this uGroup is to help members understand what it means to be an ambassador for God’s Kingdom, and the responsibility we have to Rule, Reign and have Dominion.
- Philippians 3:20-21
- Colossians 1:16-20
- 2 Corinthians 5:20
- Matthew 18:1-3
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Introduce the message by asking the following question:
- What is a citizen? (Phil 3:20-21)
- What is an ambassador? (2 Cor 5:20)
- What does Kingdom mean to you?
- Why do we call God, King?
- God Created the Invisible world and the natural world He is a King He has a domain
- You can’t be a King if you can’t rule over something
- It was never God plans to make man Subjects but Sons & Daughters who are citizens and ambassadors, we can partake of the Kingdom, and we can speak to Him.
- We are reconciled by Jesus Christ who died on the cross so that we can stand in right standing with Him.
- We have relationship with God
- We are God’s Representatives to extend His heavenly Kingdom
- God Created Humans to Represent Him and heaven on earth. Establish his Kingdom on Earth.
Motivate the members to apply the question to their own lives. Talk about it in the uGroup.
- Do I represent God in my circles? (Work, Church, University and at home)
- When someone looks at me would they say I am an ambassador of God?
The following argument can be used to explain and relate to what a Roman Soldier’s mission was and what they did to conquer a land and own it.
- Roman Soldier (Think about Romans soldier movies you have watched)
- What Happens when a Roman Soldier arrive on in a new land?
- Do they change their clothes?
- Do they change their language?
- Do they change their lifestyle?
- Do they change their Law?
- A Roman Soldier duplicates what he learned from his country and implement it on the new land / country / city they arrive on. The current state and culture don’t affect them they change what’s around them. They set the rules and standards.
Read Genesis 1:26: 26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
When God calls you and you choose to accept Him and Baptise yourself you enter into His Kingdom then you can have part of His Kingdom and with the gifts your received you can be a vessel for God to be used on Earth as He is in heaven
When we read Gen 1:26 “…let them have dominion…” the original word was called Basileia what means to Rule, Reign and have dominion over the earth.
Ask the following question about Ruling and Reigning and give the answers:
- What is a ruler? Measure tool
- What do you do with a Ruler? Draw a Line
- What is on a Ruler? Standard (1mm or 1cm etc.)
In other words, a Ruler is there to set a standard to draw a line from what is right or wrong and set standards that needed.
- What does Pastor David do in our church? He sets Standards!
- What is Dominion?
Define: sovereignty or control. - The territory of a sovereign or government
Psalm 115:14-16 (NIV)
14 May the LORD cause you to flourish, both you and your children.15 May you be blessed by the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.16 the highest heavens belong to the LORD, but the earth he has given to mankind.
God has given us the authority to be ambassadors on earth to set standards and to have dominion all around us. If things aren’t in line around you, you have the mandate to bring it in alignment. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us and His gifts to do help us do this.