A Cheerful Giver
The purpose of this uGroup is to let the members understand the impact their giving can make and the importance thereof.
- Proverbs 11:25
- 2 Corinthians 9:7
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Start by introducing the title:
- Do you think it is important to give?
- Why do you think it is important to give?
- You add your treasure to a greater purpose.
- You are expanding the kingdom.
- You are following a biblical principle.
- How do I give?
- Offering (discuss the difference)
- When do I give?
- We need to give our Firstfruits
- We need to ask God to guide us in our giving. Be prepared before you go to church by asking God what you need to sow.
- We will not always feel to give, but that is when we need to rely on the Holy Spirit and be moved by Him, not our emotions.
- Can I give in vain?
- Yes. God does not look at our amount but checks our hearts. God loves a cheerful giver. (you can elaborate on this a bit)
We need to realize that giving is a form of worship. When we worship with songs of Praise and our heart is not in it we are merely clinging symbols. The same goes for our seed, if we give with the wrong heart we will let our seed fall to waist.