Stop Going Around it
The aim of this uGroup is to help members to stop going around difficulties in their lives and work through it.
- John 4:1-8
- Jonah 1:1-3
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
You can ask the following questions:
- If you want to get to a destination quickly would you go in a straight line or go around it.
- What would be some reasons that you would not want through a place?
- Why do people delay or avoid things they need to do in life?
- Could it be because of fear or hurt and if so, why would that cause you to not want to go through that place.
- What are the things we use as excuses to why we take a detour or never even reach our intended destinations in our life?
- What do you tell yourself when you have to do something that is good for you, but you really don’t want to do it?
The key here is to build a foundation of understanding on why we need to work through things in our lives that we know will be good for us but we don’t know how or even want to work through.