Be the light
The desired outcome is to encourage and inspire your members to stand firm on the word, to be ready to testify why they have a hope inside of them to be light in a world that feels like its falling apart.
- Matthew 5:14-17
- John 8:12
- Acts 13:47
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
You can ask the following questions:
- Why are you afraid of the dark?
- What is the first thing you want to do when you walk in a dark room? – Bring light into the room/ situation
- What does light represent to you? (John 1:9, John 9:5 – Jesus said as long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world, John 8:12)
Thus Jesus is the light that is within you – Jesus represents the word of God John 1:1 – with the word you gain insight that matures you so that you won’t live in darkness (ignorance)
When looking at Matthew 5:14-17 what does this verse mean to you?
- How do you implement this in your life?
- What is stopping you from being the light to the people around you?
Lack of wisdom (lack of the word of God), 1 Peter 3:15 – Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a answer to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear.
John says in John 1:8 that he is the witness of the light that will come, so as children of God we are the witnesses of that Light to the world, don’t hide that under a lamp post. Go into the world with meekness and fear and testify of the Light
- Why do you need to be a witness of the Light that is inside of you?
Acts 13:47 - for so the Lord has commanded us: ‘I have set you as a light to the Gentiles that you should be for salvation to the ends of the earth.’
“You are a messenger of the greatest news the world could ever hear. Don’t run away from the world and hide the life-changing message of your faith!” - Christine Caine