Faith Over Fear
The aim of this uGroup is to help them to understand that faith is greater than fear.
- Mark 4:35-41
Any fun and welcoming Icebreaker that gets the members moving, on their feet, where all the members can participate in. If there are new members be careful not to create a space where they feel exposed or uncomfortable.
Read Mark 4:35-41
- What is the worst storm you’ve ever been through? (not spiritually)
- How did the disciples react to the storm?
- What did many of the disciples do for a living?
- Do you get frustrated in your storms when it seems as though God does not care?
- Why do you think the disciples woke Jesus up?
- Did they want Him to take cover or to calm the storm?
They were surprised that He calmed the storm. So we can deduct that they did not expect Him to calm the storm.
- In verse 41 the disciples ask each other “Who is this that even the wind obey Him?”. Ask the members to tell you a story of a time where God left them in awe.
- How would the disciples have responded if they had faith?
- Would they have awoken Him?
- Would they have trusted His presence on the boat?
- In what areas of your life are you tempted to respond with fear rather than faith?
Read 2 Tim 1:7 – “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.”